Does the possibility of joining an inspired team of individuals working to help shape our community excite you? We are looking for talented and inspired people to join our diverse team. We’re actively seeking passionate and creative individuals who believe a job is more than just a paycheque – it’s a chance to contribute and create real change.
We are Victoria’s most award-winning builder of custom homes and a recognized leader in boutique residential and mixed-use developments. In business since 1999, we have earned an unparalleled reputation for quality and customer service. And that is largely due to the passion of the people on our team, thriving in our collaborative, innovative environment.
Come join a truly creative and forward-thinking team and be a part of developing the future of Victoria.
Abstract Developments is growing again! We are looking to add additional Journeyman Carpenters to our team. We perform full spectrum home renovations, custom home builds, and state-of-the art developments, offering a vast array of variety.
If you are a journeyman carpenter – or a 3rd or 4th year apprentice with a desire to work with a great team, and in a precision-oriented environment – this may be the job for you!
The Journeyman Carpenter reports directly to the Site Superintendent and/or the Site Foreman and brings experience in concrete, form work, and general carpentry. Successful candidates must be able to read blueprints; work off layouts and setting elevations; will have their own vehicle for company use; and will thrive on challenging and creative work in a team environment.
We offer competitive wages, based on experience and skills, as well as competitive benefits.
• Provide carpentry services (framing and finish) at a Journeyman level
• Run jobs under minimal supervision with the ability to supervise a team on larger projects
• Read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, sketches and other specifications on a variety of structures related to the construction project
• Supervise and instruct Carpenter Apprentices and labourers
• Work with sub-trades in completing all projects
• Maintain a professional relationship with clients
• Complete required administrative duties
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes using measuring tools
• Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
• Journeyman level skills in framing and finishing carpentry
• Journeyman level skills in foundation work and flatwork forming
• Proven ability to read and work from blueprints, including project layout
• Cabinet maker skills desirable
• Tile, drywall, plumbing, and electrical skills desirable
• Well-developed organizational and communication skills
• Computer literacy to include basic Microsoft office skills and ability to touch type 20 wpm
• At least three years carpentry experience; 3rd or 4th year apprentice may be considered
• Must have experience in concrete, form work, finishing and general carpentry
• Demonstrated experience in residential framing, finishing and general carpentry and concrete formwork
Complete job description (PDF)Construction application form (PDF)
To apply in confidence, please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position to Eileen Harper at email@example.com. If you would prefer, please complete our Application Form as an alternate to submitting a resume/covering letter.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Construction Project Coordinator to join their growing team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated individual to help deliver speculative multi-family and custom homes to an ever-increasing base of customers, and in turn deliver direct, measurable revenues to the company.
The Construction Project Coordinator is a personable and insightful professional with an excellent understanding of project management and estimating, preferably experienced in multi-family residential projects. The right candidate will assist Construction Management and Development teams in all aspects of customer relations, construction planning and project management while ensuring projects are completed on time, on budget, and within quality and regulatory parameters. Typically, this person will report to the Construction Project Managers and will be involved in multiple projects concurrently, overseeing tender calls, requests for information, change management, quality control, quantity take-offs, attend design meetings and trade meetings.
Are you an passionate about construction project coordination and are you a self-starter with excellent attention to detail? Are you adept at identifying and resolving obstacles along the path to achieve the successful completion of on-time projects? Are you able to inspire those around you to work together towards a common goal? If so, we’d like to hear from you!
We offer compensation based on competitive base salary.