Does the possibility of joining an inspired team of individuals working to help shape our community excite you? We are looking for talented and inspired people to join our diverse team. We’re actively seeking passionate and creative individuals who believe a job is more than just a paycheque – it’s a chance to contribute and create real change.
We are Victoria’s multi-award-winning builder of custom homes and a recognized leader in boutique residential and mixed-use developments. In business since 1999, we have earned an unparalleled reputation for quality and customer service. And that is largely due to the passion of the people on our team, thriving in our collaborative, innovative environment.
Come join a truly creative and forward-thinking team and be a part of developing the future of Victoria.
Abstract Developments is growing again! We are looking to add additional Journeyman Carpenters to our team. We perform full spectrum home renovations, custom home builds, and state-of-the art developments, offering a vast array of variety.
If you are a Journeyman Carpenter – or a 3rd or 4th year apprentice – with a desire to work with a great team, in a precision-oriented environment, then this may be the job for you!
The Journeyman Carpenter reports directly to the Site Superintendent and/or the Site Foreman and brings experience in concrete, form work, and general carpentry. Successful candidates must be able to read blueprints; work off layouts and setting elevations; will have their own vehicle for company use; and will thrive on challenging and creative work in a team environment.
We offer competitive wages, based on experience and skills, as well as competitive benefits.
• Provide carpentry services (framing and finish) at a Journeyman level
• Run jobs under minimal supervision with the ability to supervise a team on larger projects
• Read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, sketches and other specifications on a variety of structures related to the construction project
• Supervise and instruct Carpenter Apprentices and Construction Labourers
• Work with sub-trades in completing all projects
• Maintain a professional relationship with clients
• Complete required administrative duties
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes using measuring tools
• Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moldings and hardware
• Journeyman level skills in framing and finishing carpentry
• Journeyman level skills in foundation work and flat-work forming
• Proven ability to read and work from blueprints, including project layout
• Cabinet maker skills desirable
• Tile, drywall, plumbing, and electrical skills desirable
• Well-developed organizational and communication skills
• Computer literacy to include basic Microsoft office skills and ability to touch type 20 wpm
• At least three years carpentry experience; 3rd or 4th year apprentice may be considered
• Must have experience in concrete, form work, finishing and general carpentry
• Demonstrated experience in residential framing, finishing and general carpentry and concrete form work
Complete job description (PDF)Construction application form (PDF)
To apply in confidence, please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org If you would prefer, please complete our Application Form as an alternate to submitting a resume/covering letter.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
Abstract Developments is growing again! We are seeking Construction Labourers to join our team. We perform full spectrum home renovations, custom home builds, and state-of-the art developments, offering a vast array of opportunities.
As a Construction Labourer, if you’re a team player who enjoys challenging work, and can pay attention to the small details while working with minimal supervision, then we would like to hear from you!
Construction Labourers report directly to the Site Superintendent and/or the Site Foreman. No previous construction experience is required.
We offer competitive wages, based on experience and skills, as well as extended benefits.
On behalf of our client, Abstract Developments, we have a rare opportunity for a talented Accountant/Office Manager to join their successful company. Reporting to the Finance and Accounting Director, this newly created position will work closely with the rest of Abstract’s talented team to ensure seamless coordination of all day-to-day office operations, and month end close procedures.
The Accountant/Office Manager will be a key component to Abstract’s continued success, and will enjoy a wide variety of accounting and office management duties.
Our ideal candidate brings post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance, with preference given to candidates with a CGA designation. Also required is recent experience in accounting, as well as payroll experience, high-level proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook), and proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant.
Are you an experienced accounting and office management professional looking to work with a prestigious Victoria-based company and in a beautiful downtown work environment? Are you known for your strong organizational, supervisory and planning skills, and your ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we encourage you to read on.
Abstract Development offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with your experience, and a full-time, multi-faceted, rewarding role in an excellent company focused on construction industry excellence.
If it sounds like this opportunity is a good fit for you, please submit a covering letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com by Friday, August 25, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Complete job description (PDF)