Does the possibility of joining an inspired team of individuals working to help shape our community excite you? We are looking for talented and inspired people to join our diverse team. We’re actively seeking passionate and creative individuals who believe a job is more than just a paycheque – it’s a chance to contribute and create real change.
We are Victoria’s multi-award-winning builder of custom homes and a recognized leader in boutique residential and mixed-use developments. In business since 1999, we have earned an unparalleled reputation for quality and customer service. And that is largely due to the passion of the people on our team, thriving in our collaborative, innovative environment.
Come join a truly creative and forward-thinking team and be a part of developing the future of Victoria.
Abstract Developments is growing again! We are looking to add additional Journeyman Carpenters to our team. We perform full spectrum home renovations, custom home builds, and state-of-the art developments, offering a vast array of variety.
If you are a Journeyman Carpenter – or a 3rd or 4th year apprentice – with a desire to work with a great team, in a precision-oriented environment, then this may be the job for you!
The Journeyman Carpenter reports directly to the Site Superintendent and/or the Site Foreman and brings experience in concrete, form work, and general carpentry. Successful candidates must be able to read blueprints; work off layouts and setting elevations; will have their own vehicle for company use; and will thrive on challenging and creative work in a team environment.
We offer competitive wages, based on experience and skills, as well as competitive benefits.
• Provide carpentry services (framing and finish) at a Journeyman level
• Run jobs under minimal supervision with the ability to supervise a team on larger projects
• Read, interpret and work from blueprints, drawings, sketches and other specifications on a variety of structures related to the construction project
• Supervise and instruct Carpenter Apprentices and Construction Labourers
• Work with sub-trades in completing all projects
• Maintain a professional relationship with clients
• Complete required administrative duties
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes using measuring tools
• Fit and install trim items such as doors, stairs, moldings and hardware
• Journeyman level skills in framing and finishing carpentry
• Journeyman level skills in foundation work and flat-work forming
• Proven ability to read and work from blueprints, including project layout
• Cabinet maker skills desirable
• Tile, drywall, plumbing, and electrical skills desirable
• Well-developed organizational and communication skills
• Computer literacy to include basic Microsoft office skills and ability to touch type 20 wpm
• At least three years carpentry experience; 3rd or 4th year apprentice may be considered
• Must have experience in concrete, form work, finishing and general carpentry
• Demonstrated experience in residential framing, finishing and general carpentry and concrete form work
Complete job description (PDF)Construction application form (PDF)
To apply in confidence, please send a covering letter and resume that clearly demonstrates the qualifications required of this position to email@example.com If you would prefer, please complete our Application Form as an alternate to submitting a resume/covering letter.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
Abstract Developments is growing again! We are seeking Construction Labourers to join our team. We perform full spectrum home renovations, custom home builds, and state-of-the art developments, offering a vast array of opportunities.
As a Construction Labourer, if you’re a team player who enjoys challenging work, and can pay attention to the small details while working with minimal supervision, then we would like to hear from you!
Construction Labourers report directly to the Site Superintendent and/or the Site Foreman. No previous construction experience is required.
We offer competitive wages, based on experience and skills, as well as extended benefits.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate Communications & Public Relations (PR) Coordinator to join our client’s team at Abstract Developments (Abstract). A quick study and creative writer, this person will enjoy spreading the word about Abstract’s successful, award-winning developments.
As the Corporate Ambassador for Abstract, this position develops positive, ongoing relationships with the Victoria area community, with related organizations, the media, Abstract Developments purchasers, residents and prospects and with other members of the public on behalf of Abstract. This position fulfills both a communications and PR role – i.e. writing press releases and other materials, conducting media relations, strategic communications, as well as coordinating community relations and outreach, event coordination, etc.
This position will provide communications & PR advice and support to the following departments:
Sales and Marketing:
This position requires a self-motivated team player, able to efficiently prioritize and coordinate a wide range of responsibilities. As a seasoned communicator, the incumbent adapts to a rapidly changing environment that comes with a successful, growing company.
Do you enjoy writing in a clear and concise journalistic manner and are knowledgeable in traditional and digital communications vehicles as well as new technologies and leading edge communications practices? Do you also love the diversity that comes from leading public relations and community outreach events and initiatives on behalf of this highly acclaimed development company? If so, then we want to hear from you!
The right candidate will bring a minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience in communications and public relations along with a proven track record of success; experience managing events and related logistics; and experience leading community outreach initiatives. Our ideal candidate will also bring a post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, communications, marketing or journalism, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Design expertise and experience in the development industry are assets.
Complete job description (PDF)
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please submit a covering letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 12th, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.