Abstract Developments is searching for a talented Development Manager to join our growing, award-winning company.
The Development Manager actively participates in all areas of the real estate development process including acquisitions, feasibility studies, financial analysis and forecasts, conceptual site planning and design, municipal permitting and approvals, and project management.
Furthermore, the Development Manager facilitates strong relationships with municipal authorities and is instrumental in facilitating projects from acquisition through rezoning and to final approval. As a result, the primary objectives of this position are:
- To support the acquisitions of great development sites;
- To successfully rezone development sites in an efficient and timely manner; and,
- To ensure the financial outcome of development projects are realized to their full potential.
- Source potential development sites through realtors, referrals, or direct contact with property owners
- Conduct site due diligence and complete development feasibility studies (site valuation, site plan modelling, holding income potential, zoning bylaws, Official Community Plans, Local Area/Neighbourhood Plans, land use strategies)
- Prepare and manage development pro formas throughout the development process to ensure viability of development projects
- Coordinate with internal team members as well as external consultants (i.e. lawyers, architects, surveyors, geotechnical, environmental, realtors, appraisers, etc.)
- Maintain contact with vendors (property owners)
- Maintain relationships with local real estate agents and brokers
- Obtain, prepare, and/or review legal documents (i.e. Letters of Interest, Contracts of Purchase and Sale, etc.)
- Ensures properties under contract are proceeding according to schedule (i.e. subject conditions outlined within Contract of Purchase and Sale, rezoning timelines)
- Facilitate and manage acquisition financing requirements (work with CFO)
- Draft and submit Requests for Proposals (RFPs) (i.e. architect, landscape architect, civil consultant, interior designer, etc.)
- Facilitate all Rezoning, Subdivision, Development Variance Permit, and Development Permit Applications as it pertains to development projects
- Maintain communication with all municipal authorities and public stakeholders (i.e. city planners, council members, neighbourhood/community associations, community organizations, residential and commercial neighbours)
- Liaise with municipal authorities and community stakeholders to mitigate political and public liabilities
- Prepare and/or review all correspondence to be sent to municipal authorities and public stakeholders
- Act as primary contact for all city correspondence pertaining to development projects
- Conduct project management duties such as budgeting (development pro forma), project timelines, site inspections, contract review and management, and project administration functions
- Ensure all applications (Rezoning, DVP, DP, BP, etc.) are being processed and are proceeding according to schedule
- Review/coordinate Disclosure Statements and subsequent amendments, Strata Plans, Strata Budgets, etc.
- Manage all leads for potential commercial/retail tenants and resulting negotiations while coordinating all necessary documentation with property manager (i.e. Offers to Lease, Lease Agreements, etc.)
- Facilitate and manage construction financing requirements (work with CFO)
- Manage Disclosure Statement process for new developments
- Drive projects from acquisition through to completion while maintaining objectives
- Maintain knowledge of local market (residential and commercial) and overall economic environment
- Maintain strong and constant communication with internal team members (i.e. construction, marketing, sales, finance/accounting, and property management)
- Monitor and review financial position of Development Department
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description for this role, and to submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com. This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“Our experience has far exceeded our every expectation.”