Abstract Developments is searching for a talented Development Manager to join our award-winning company.
The Development Manager actively participates in all areas of the real estate development process including acquisitions, feasibility studies, financial analysis and forecasts, conceptual site planning and design, municipal permitting and approvals, and project management.
Furthermore, the Development Manager facilitates strong relationships with municipal authorities and is instrumental in facilitating projects from acquisition through rezoning and to final approval.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Work with the Asset Management team to source potential development sites through realtors, referrals, or direct contact with property owners
- Conduct site due diligence, development feasibility studies and site modelling (site valuation, holding income potential, zoning bylaws, Official Community Plans, Local Area/Neighbourhood Plans, land use strategies)
- Prepare and manage development pro-formas on an on-going basis and at various stages throughout the development process to ensure viability of development projects
- Coordinate and manage internal team members as well as external consultants (i.e. lawyers, architects, surveyors, geotechnical, environmental, realtors, appraisers, etc.)
- Review legal documents (i.e. Letters of Interest, Contracts of Purchase and Sale, lease agreements, etc.)
- Draft and submit Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for all necessary consultants (i.e. architect, landscape architect, civil consultant, interior designer, etc.)
- Facilitate all Rezoning, Subdivision, Development Variance Permit, and Development Permit Applications as it pertains to development projects
- Maintain communication with all municipal authorities and public stakeholders (i.e. city planners, council members, neighbourhood/community associations, community organizations, residential and commercial neighbours)
- Liaise with municipal authorities and community stakeholders to mitigate political and public liabilities
- Prepare and/or review all correspondence to be sent to municipal authorities and public stakeholders
- Act as primary contact for all city correspondence pertaining to development projects
- Conduct project management duties such as budgeting (development pro forma), project timelines, site inspections, contract review and management, and project administration functions
- Ensure all applications (Rezoning, DVP, DP, BP, etc.) are being processed and are proceeding according to schedule
- Review/coordinate Disclosure Statements and subsequent amendments, Strata Plans, Strata Budgets, etc.
- Manage all leads for potential commercial/retail tenants and resulting negotiations while coordinating all necessary documentation with property manager (i.e. Offers to Lease, Lease Agreements, etc.)
- Facilitate and manage construction financing requirements (work with CFO)
- Manage Disclosure Statement process for new developments
- Manage the selection of a strata property manager as well as the setup of any building amenities committed to (i.e. building concierge, shared vehicles, common amenities, etc.)
- Drive projects from acquisition through to completion while maintaining objectives
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum five years’ experience in real estate development or related industry experience
- A post-secondary degree; preferably in Urban Planning, Commerce, Finance, or Architecture
- working knowledge and understanding of real estate development processes, from acquisition to delivery
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- working knowledge of relevant software applications, including Sketchup or other drawing software
- proficient with Office365 including Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams and Project
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team as well as individually
- Intrinsically motivated and driven with a passion for real estate development
- Creative and able to solve problems efficiently and effectively
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, please click "APPLY NOW". This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found.
Abstract Developments is an equal opportunity employer. While we thank all applicants, only those selected for further consideration may be contacted.
“Our experience has far exceeded our every expectation.”