Abstract Developments is searching for a talented Project Accountant to join our growing, award-winning company.
Are you an experienced project accountant looking to work with a prestigious Victoria-based company and in a beautiful downtown work environment? Are you known for your strong attention to detail and your ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we encourage you to read on.
The Project Accountant (“PA”) is a key component of Abstract’s Accounting and Finance team and is the financial cornerstone for our projects. Reporting to the Controller, the PA is responsible for ensuring that all steps of project accounting are complete, accurate, and in accordance with underlying contracts. At a summary level this includes all aspects of job costing, cost allocations, billings, and revenue.
Our ideal candidate brings post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance. Ideally you are working towards or have already completed your CPA designation.
- Monitor project costs, prepared cash flows and cost projections, report on and explain variances
- Prepare monthly progress draws/invoices and related collections
- Maintain and update standard cost codes and job records
- Manage and maintain project trial balances and reconcile GL and WIP
- Liaise with project team, vendors, and other staff as required
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with KPIs and financial statements
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger
- Follow all aspects of month end close activities to meet deadlines
- Uphold the values of “Passion, Quality, Integrity” in all aspects of work.
- Completed post-secondary education in accounting, finance, or related field
- Completion or in pursuit of a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Ideally two (2) years of related experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and real estate related accounting practices
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Basic understanding of project contractual commercial terms
Abstract Development offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with your experience, and a full-time, multi-faceted, rewarding role in an excellent company focused on construction industry excellence.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to click "APPLY NOW." This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found.
Abstract Developments is an Equal Opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“Our experience has far exceeded our every expectation.”