Abstract Developments is searching for a talented Project Accountant to join our growing, award-winning company.
The Project Accountant will be a key component to Abstract’s continued success and will enjoy a wide variety of day to day accounting functions. Reporting to the Controller, this key financial position works closely with the rest of the Abstract team to ensure accurate and timely entry of account payables, receivables, and journal entries into Abstract’s financial system Jonas Premier.
Our ideal candidate brings post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance. Also required is recent experience in project accounting and high-level proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook).
Are you an experienced project accountant looking to work with a prestigious Victoria-based company and in a beautiful downtown work environment? Are you known for your strong attention to detail and your ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we encourage you to read on.
- Assists project staff with accurate completion of purchase orders by updating the approved quantities, pricing and coding on packing slips
- Provides accounts payable support to the project by matching purchase orders, subcontracts and packing slips to invoices ensuring documents meet approval requirements
- Respond to internal and external AP and AR inquiries
- Ensure subcontractor holdback releases are completed per policy and procedures
- Ensure all supporting documentation such as WCB clearance and statutory declarations are provided
- Preparation and posting of progress billings, invoices, project draws, and cash receipts
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
- Provide reporting and information to clients, subs, and project team as required
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in a similar role
- Exceptional attention to detail required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in Outlook and Excel
- Basic understanding of project contractual commercial terms
- Construction industry experience is required
- Jonas Premier accounting software experience preferred
Abstract Development offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with your experience, and a full-time, multi-faceted, rewarding role in an excellent company focused on construction industry excellence.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations directly to Adam Pressacco: firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“Our experience has far exceeded our every expectation.”