Abstract Construction is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team!
As an integral member of the project construction team, the Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include driving the success of Abstract’s construction projects by ensuring they are delivered on budget and on schedule. Working closely with the Site Superintendent, as well as with other members of the construction, development, and sales teams, the Project Manager will oversee sub-contract management, schedule development and adherence, budget reporting and compliance, and leadership of Project Coordinators for their assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Together with the Site Superintendent, review preliminary drawings for feedback with regards to cost & design, job scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assist Estimator in development of accurate budgets prior to construction.
- Prepare detailed divisional scope of works
- Provide and manage CCD contracts, CCA1 contracts, RFIs, SIs, CCNs, CDs, and COs as required
- Initiate and manage shop drawing tracking process from start to end of project via Procore.
- Facilitate product selection along with development team, keeping with design and budgetary constraints
- Mobilize site set up with Site Superintendent to ensure proper planning/organization, ensuring all applicable permits, insurances, site office, storage, temporary fencing, and temporary power are in place
- Organize and conduct pre-construction meetings, provide pre-construction checklists, specifications, and IFC drawings (if available).
- Execute assigned construction project(s) as per plan with ability to make decisions on behalf of Abstract and/or client with best interest in mind with respect to value and design
- Complete purchasing to ensure timely, cost-effective, and accurate delivery of construction materials
- Implement and manage Jonas purchasing system including writing, approving, and cost coding invoices.
- Verify invoices are in accordance with quotes and budgets
- Coordinate with Sales and Development teams to ensure proper documentation and updated drawings, contracts and scopes are produced in a timely manner to avoid site construction delays and accuracy of any client requested modifications.
- Ensure the final Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) is created and rectified prior to Turnover/Closing Date
- Ensure Final Occupancy Certificate is obtained and provided to all stakeholders
- Participate in Post Mortem construction analysis of each project after all costs are recorded. Evaluate how Abstract can improve upon the total process.
- In partnership with the Site Superintendent, develop and maintain a detailed project schedule, formulating critical path and providing updates to sub-trades and/or project team as required.
- Generate, update, and review monthly cost reports and budget forecast with the Site Superintendent; providing detailed explanation for variances when applicable.
- Review four (4) week look ahead schedules, Extra Work Orders, Packing Slips, Invoices, Insurance Documents & Safety Forms.
- Request, receive and circulate shop drawings and submittals between Site superintendent, sub trades and consultant design team. Track all submittals from inception to approved for construction.
- Lead trades and consultant meetings, ensuring minutes are captured and circulated to relevant parties within 48 hours.
- Prepare monthly executive summaries & cost reports for Director, Executive Vice-President, and CEO.
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning, and safety regulations
- Personally comply with all company safety standards. Drive safety program implementation to ensure the safety of general public, visitors, and employee, and sub-contractors.
- Construct projects in compliance with all applicable company, national, provincial, and local regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in construction project coordination and/or management with minimum two (2) years of multifamily construction experience.
- Minimum high school diploma; post-secondary education in a related field preferred
- P.Eng, PMP, E.I.T. and/or GSC considered an asset.
- Demonstrated and ongoing professional development, remaining current on industry standards, new products, and/or compliance regulations strongly considered.
- Ability to manage multiple construction projects of moderate complexity with combined scope of at least $25M
- Highly organized with effective managerial, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff, clients, consultants, trades, and regulatory authorities.
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate for field/office communication – Outlook, Word, Excel, MS Project, Procore & Jonas. Blue Beam or AutoCAD considered an asset.
Attributes & Behavioral Competencies:
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solver with ability to observe, request, and otherwise analyze information from multiple sources to find creative solutions to unique problems in order to stay on budget and schedule
- Effective communicator with both internal and external stakeholders include staff, customers, the general public, government officials, and/or compliance officers.
- Ability to motivate members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to determine time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity safely and within the design intent.
- Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative, innovative and artistic contributions.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork
- Ability to build trust with trades, suppliers, customers, and clients in order to promote the Abstract brand at and outside of working hours.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to click "APPLY NOW" to be redirected to Matchbox Consulting's website.
Abstract Developments offers an excellent Total Rewards package including competitive salary, extended health, dental, vision, and Rx coverage, employee wellness program, bonus program, complimentary snacks, and a dog-friendly office.
Abstract Developments is an Equal Opportunity employer and values what makes you uniquely you. If you require any accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all interested candidates, only those considered for an interview may be contacted further.
“Coming to work is more like spending time with a second family at a company that fosters collaboration across all departments, values employee input and appreciates their loyalty and hard work.”