Site Safety Officer (OFA 2)
Abstract Developments is searching for a talented Site Safety Officer (OFA 2) to join our growing, award-winning company.
Reporting to the site superintendent, the Site Safety Officer is an integral part of the on site construction team. Site Safety Officers provide emergency response, as well as general site safety/first aid. Along with the Superintendent, the Safety Officer will assist with pre-planning of work to comply with any and all WorkSafeBC regulations and acts, create traffic control plans as required, conduct and document safety inspections of site, orientations, and create and review safe work procedures. The Site Safety Officer will also be tasked with general construction duties as conditions dictate and as directed by the Site Superintendent.
- Be prepared and available to respond to first aid emergencies
- Provide care and treatment of minor injuries that do not need serious medical treatment
- Record signs and symptoms of injuries and exposures to contaminants
- Refer injured workers to medical treatment if injuries are serious or beyond the scope of an attendant's training
- Submit timely and detailed reporting on activities, incidents, and near misses
- Keep inventory of supplies in First Aid room
- Educate staff on safe work practices
- Ensure sites are following WorkSafe BC standards
- Assist in other activities under Supervisor’s instructions, e.g. assisting in general site work duties
Company Policies & Procedures:
- Be compliant with all company policies & procedures, and Employee Handbook standards
- Wear approved Abstract shirts and safety apparel
- All Abstract sites are smoke, drug and alcohol free
- Well-developed organizational and communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 2 or higher
- Recent, related experience on residential and/or commercial construction sites
- Traffic Control Ticket
- Confined Space Certification
- Construction Safety Training (CSTS-9)
- WHMIS Training
- Punctual, quick-thinking and resourceful professional
- Should possess sympathetic and reassuring qualities
- Must adhere to the safety standards of the company
- Must enjoy challenging work and be a team player
- Must be willing and able to climb and work at heights
- Possesses a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to perform work without supervision
- Clean driving record
- Capable of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
The Safety Officer (OFA 2) works a flexible schedule of full-time work and is required to be available on short notice in the best interest of the construction clients outside of normal business hours on occasion. There are requirements to travel when appropriate, as well as working both evenings and weekends when appropriate and beneficial to their job responsibilities.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description for this role, and to submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com. This opportunity is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“Our experience has far exceeded our every expectation.”